Online, interactive safety training is available, free of charge, to all our members. The core curriculum includes courses in five areas: public safety; public works and utilities; parks and recreation; administrative and office; and management and elected officials.
To receive solid waste CEUs, send this document to email@example.com.
To receive the water and wastewater CEUs, after completion of your program you must complete and return the following pieces to Kirkwood within two weeks of the training:
Payment. The fee for processing CEUs is $10 per person/ per workshop title. For example, if you have an operator that is taking 3 different workshop titles the cost for processing would be $30.
Questions about the certification process may be directed to Kirkwood Community College at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 398-5678.
Course of the Month
In addition to the core curriculum available throughout the year, each month a course is made available for only that month. The limited-time courses for the 2018-2019 Fiscal Year are:
- July 2018: Uncovering Implicit Bias
- August 2018: EEO Laws and Discrimination Prevention
- September 2018: EEO Laws Supervisor Supplement
- October 2018: Guide to Interviewing
- November 2018: Wage and Hour for Supervisors
- December 2018: Americans with Disabilities Act and ADA Amendments Act
- January 2019: Family Medical Leave Act
- February 2019: Unlawful Harassment Prevention
- March 2019: Unlawful Harassment Prevention Supervisor Supplement
- April 2019: Ethics in the Workplace
- May 2019: Discipline and Discharge
- June 2019: Managing the Multi-generational Workforce